Manage your personal data privacy with Atlassian
Data about you, under your control
We’re committed to our Privacy Principles, and part of that commitment includes being open with you about your privacy options as well as about our own business practices. We set out details related to both topics below.
We want you feel empowered to input and update profile information you see fit, and decide what personal information is visible across Atlassian cloud products and public communities (like Atlassian Community or the Developer Community). We also help you choose how your profile surfaces to those you’re collaborating with - collaborative experiences allow open identification, but don’t require it.
Learn more about user profile visibility controls here.
We have a variety of tools in place to help you request access to - or deletion of - your data. Which tool you use depends on whether you are part of an organization, and whether you have an Atlassian account.
- If you have an Atlassian account, you can request to delete or access your data via your profile page
- If you don’t have an Atlassian account, you can request to delete or access your data via Atlassian’s website
- If you’re a managed user, submit your access or deletion request directly to your company’s Atlassian Organization Admin
If you would like to make a data deletion or access request via telephone, or if special accommodations are required, please leave a message at 1 (800) 804-5281 and our privacy support team will promptly be in touch.
Data sharing, marketing, and consent
- set up your Atlassian Account e-mail preferences by clicking here
- if you don’t have an Atlassian Account, please see the options displayed in the message footer
Consents are centralized through internal processes to ensure we’re consistently honoring your choices across our product suite.
Atlassian won’t share your information with government agencies absent proper process:
- our policies and procedures for responding to law enforcement or government requests for user data are set out in our Guidelines for Law Enforcement
- we also publish an annual Transparency Report to provide you with information about government requests for users' data, to remove content, or to suspend accounts